In Our Community
Mission opportunities are an important part of our church life. Volunteers to help in these missions are always needed and appreciated. To learn more about opportunities and to be directed to the appropriate contact person, please click Contact Us or call or email Office Manager Pam Braun (715-834-2668; firstname.lastname@example.org).
First Congregational UCC gives both time and money to the Community Table, a local organization serving meals seven days a week. We cook and provide lunch on a rotating basis. We provide money for the meals and support for the overhead of this important mission, which our church helped found.
Family Promise of the Chippewa Valley (Beacon House)
First Congregational UCC provides workers to support this interfaith organization, which provides shelter for homeless families while helping them find jobs and permanent housing. In addition, half of the Christmas offering goes to support Beacon House. Youth and their families participate in Hike for the Homeless, of which First Congregational is a sponsor.
Chippewa Valley Free Clinic
Proceeds from "the Giving Tree" at Christmas support the Chippewa Valley Free Clinic, an organization that provides free medical services for area residents.
Support for food pantries and Feed My People
First Congregational UCC supports local food pantries through the following programs:
- Food given on the first Sunday of every month is given to the St. Francis Food Pantry.
- Money from the May Load a Lunchbox offering supports the Weekend Kids Meal program through Feed My People food bank.
- The June Soap Sunday offering and collection provides hygiene items to The Salvation Army.
- Money collected for Souper Bowl Sunday is given to an agency that provides food to those in need.
- The Diaper Bank is an ongoing collection. Sponsored by Junior League of Eau Claire, the diapers are given to St. Francis Food Pantry for distribution.
- Money and food are collected for the Eau Claire County Humane Association.
Good Neighbor Project
The Good Neighbor Project supports the needs of Longfellow and Lakeshore school students. Partnering with First Baptist Church, Lake Street United Methodist Church and Christ Church Cathedral, we pay for clothing, meal account shortfalls, clothing, field trip fees, and other supplies necessary for students to be successful. We partner with Feed My People to provide snacks to students who cannot bring their own. The program also buys a book for each student in both schools each year.
First Congregational participates in CareLink, an ecumenical project that provides emergency assistance to people in need. Coordinated by The Salvation Army, it provides one place for those in need to seek help with rent, heating, gas cards and bus tokens.
Chippewa Valley Street Ministry
First Congregational collects items to support the needs of homeless people whom the Chippewa Valley Street Ministry serves.
Red Cross Bloodmobile
First Congregational UCC hosts two bloodmobiles each year, in partnership with the American Red Cross, in the fall and in the spring.