Regathering in Love
We have been patiently awaiting the moment when the church doors can safely reopen for gathering in our beautiful sanctuary, amid our church friends, in God’s presence. Our Church Council has set July 25 to resume worship in person.
Procedures have been developed by our Church Reopening Task Force and approved by our Church Council that consider a range of worshipper comfort levels. During this first phase of resuming worship, they include:
- Vaccination is encouraged for those eligible. It is not required.
- Reservations to attend are not needed.
- Masking is required for people over age 2 in recognition that those under 12 and with certain health conditions can’t be vaccinated. Masking treats us all the same with no division.
- Social distancing will be followed: pew spots will be marked with white clips. One household or group of vaccinated friends can sit at each clip, filling about a half-pew maximum. Please distance between groups.
- One bulletin will be placed at each marked pew spot, rather than handing them out. The order of worship will be projected onto screens.
- Pew pads will be used for contact tracing. Please sign the one placed at your pew spot, and leave it on the pew.
- Music will be provided by the organist, soloist, and anthems that already have been recorded for summer. The congregation won’t sing.
- Offering will be received via monitored plates at the sanctuary entrances after worship or through the FIRST UCC EC app or church website.
- Communion won’t be served.
- Passing of the peace won’t be included.
- Children will remain with their families during worship. Take-home pew packs will be provided.
- Fellowship won’t be held before or after worship. You may gather in small groups outside to exchange hellos with friends.
We are grateful for your understanding of these practices and your recognition that by following them, we show care for one another.